Main purpose of the job: The ECD Coordinator, along with key technical staff including Community Programs Officer and the Grants and Data Officer will be responsible for coordinating effective early child care and development activities within Kibera.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of the ECD program components of the Kibera School for Girls, the Johann Justin-Jinich Community Health Clinic and the Community Day Care Center
- Ensure strong communication and close coordination with key staff, including the Assistant Headmistress at KSG, the nutritionist, MCH, and pediatrics staff at the JJJ Clinic, and the Day Care Manager to ensure effective implementation of the ECD programs components.
- Organize parent/caregiver training through ECD learning and support groups that meet monthly
- Design outreach programs to enhance early Child development and care within households and community at large
- Oversee the rigorous selections process of new students from the community for the new Pre-K classes in 2015 and of the toddlers into Community Day Care Center
- Organize and conduct capacity building trainings to staff and caregivers on a quarterly basis focusing on early childhood development, child protection and health.
- Manage procurement of curriculum materials specific for Pre-K students and day care children
- Develop play-based curriculum for Day Care Center
- Conduct learning workshops for parents focusing on early childhood health and development.
- Coordinate with Community Programs Officer and Economic Empowerment Coordinator in (1) spreading awareness for GS&L and SWEP services in tandem with early child care workshops to increase caregiver enrollment and (2) employing additional community outreach workers to increase local engagement and awareness of economic empowerment programs
- Manage reporting and review of regular reports from key ECD staff from KSG, clinic, and day care center, including: compiling and disseminating for technical review; facilitating a process to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports; and organizing and sharing compiled feedback for improvements in project quality and partner support.
- Assist in developing annual operating budgets for all ECD-related program components
- Review project expenditures, carry out regular budget tracking, and take the lead on request for modifications as and when needed
- Coordinate parent partnership plan to ensure effective child care and protection among the caregivers/parents
- Communication Skills
- Reporting skills
- Excellent administrative and coordination skills