Chief of Party, Kenya Strategic Information M&E Program, Kenya
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm.
SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives.
We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies.
We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis.
SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Proposal Objective: The Kenya Strategic Information M&E Program aims to provide USAID/Kenya with strategic information activities that will provide the government with a more accurate representation of health care delivery effectiveness in Kenya.
Position Description: Social Impact seeks a Chief of Party (COP) for the anticipated USAID-funded Kenya Strategic Information M&E Program.
The Chief of Party will be a core team member and on a full-time basis during the duration of the program.
The COP will be responsible for overseeing all program activities.
This position will be full-time and based in Kenya.
- Manage the field office, including supervision of expatriates and local staff.
- Work with the Contractor home office and local office staff to identify and nominate, for USAID approval, technical specialists/consultants for short-term technical assistance to meet the objectives of the project.
- Coordinate, as requested by USAID/Kenya, with partner organizations, in conducting evaluation and performance management support tasks in accordance with work plan.
- Advise and train other partners, USAID teams, other stakeholders on policies and services offered by the project.
- Assure compliance with contract provisions, including reports.
- Supervise the development, implementation and reporting of monitoring, evaluation and performance management support activities tasks in accordance with the work plan.
- Transfer knowledge to local staff.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, epidemiology, biomedical science, or related field required; PhD or DrPH preferred.
- Minimum of 12 years of progressively responsible experience on project management on health related M&E focused programs.
- At least eight years of supervisory experience.
- Technical knowledge and experience in the design, implementation, and management of monitoring, evaluation, and performance management, including indicator development, data collection and analysis, data quality assessments, performance reporting, evaluation design, evaluation planning, and management and dissemination of evaluations.
- Previous experience serving as Chief of Party or Team Leader on USAID-funded or PEPFAR funded health evaluations highly preferred.
- Previous work experience with PEPFAR 3.0 and SIMS highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple components simultaneously, multifunctional teams, international personnel, host country government relations, and client satisfaction.
- Previous experience working closely with local government partners across all levels to accomplish project objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively coordinate with other USG or donor-funded projects.
- Knowledge of USAID project cycle, managing USAID contracts, agency policies, regulations, and monitoring and evaluation and reporting requirements.
- Extensive experience in report writing and providing quality report and evaluation presentations.
- Advanced communication, writing and interpersonal skills.
- Previous experience working in Kenya or East Africa strongly preferred.
- English fluency required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team!
We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
CLICK HERE to apply online
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please, no phone calls.