Deputy Chief of Party / Senior Strategic Information Advisor, Kenya Strategic Information M&E Program, Kenya
Social Impact (SI) is a Washington, DC-area international development management consulting firm. SI’s mission is to improve the effectiveness of international development programs in improving people’s lives.
We provide a full range of management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development programs, organizations, and policies.
We provide services globally in the areas of monitoring and evaluation, strategic planning, project and program design, organizational capacity building, and gender and social analysis.
SI services cross-cut all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth.
SI’s clients include US government agencies such as USAID, the Millennium Challenge Corporation, the US Department of State, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and non-profits.
Proposal Objective: Provide USAID/Kenya with strategic information activities that will provide the government with a more accurate representation of health care delivery effectiveness in Kenya.
Position Description: Social Impact seeks a Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)/Senior Strategic Information Advisor (SI) for the anticipated USAID-funded Kenya Strategic Information M&E Program.
The DCOP/SI Advisor will be responsible for supporting the Chief of Party (COP) with all program activities and will also serve as the SI Advisor for monitoring and evaluation and other SI-related tasks pertaining to health areas.
This position will be full-time and based in Kenya.
- Provide support, leadership and technical expertise to overall management of the program to ensure it meets all performance and reporting requirements.
- Provide direct technical support to strengthen the capacity of local USAID implementing partners and community stakeholders on monitoring and evaluation, including data use for informed decision-making.
- Provide technical support for assessing selected health activities by ensuring that performance monitoring systems are in place and compliant with USAID and PEPFAR policies and guidance, particularly following the award of projects.
- In coordination with COP, lead and manage all monitoring and evaluation technical work conducted throughout the life of the program.
- Advise USAID/Kenya on all matters related to the measurement and evaluation of USAID’s contributions toward achieving PEPFAR and national targets.
- Facilitate strong collaboration, learning and adapting practices, including techniques for gathering, organizing, disseminating and applying knowledge throughout the program cycle.
- Serve as acting COP as needed
- Master’s degree in public health, epidemiology, biomedical science, public administration, international health, or other relevant field of study required.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in public or private sector management, administration, and planning; international development, preferably in developing countries; monitoring and evaluation; and project design.
- Familiar with PEPFAR and USAID policies and have a strong understanding of PEPFAR guidance and directives, development principles and host country needs and priorities related to strategic information.
- Previous experience serving as Deputy Chief of Party on USAID-funded or PEPFAR funded health programs preferred.
- Experience working in Kenya and/or East Africa required.
- Demonstrated experience managing similar multi-faceted projects in the past and the capacity to manage large complex programs, including subcontracts, in a multi-cultural environment and providing consulting services in helping clients analyze problems, devise solutions and adopt solutions.
- Strong public health and strategic thinking background showing resourcefulness, initiative, leadership qualities, skills to deal with difficult situations and sensitive areas; demonstrated ability to identify, assess, analyze, synthesize and provide recommendation on key technical issues.
- Fluency in written and verbal English required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team!
We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
CLICK HERE to apply online
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Please, no phone calls.