Position: Social Worker
Reports to: Headmistress
Hours: Mon- Fri, 7:30am to 4:30pm
Key Responsibilities and Duties
The Social worker along with key technical staff will be responsible for coordinating caregiver – early child psycho-social program activities.
Key responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Conduct regular home visits for the daycare and preschool children using the home visit tools to ensure the care-giving environment is conducive to help children grow into healthy and happy to harness full development potential
- Organize and conduct parent/caregiver support group meetings to discuss essence of early child development issues and mobilize them into group savings and loan activities as economic strengthening at household level
- Use a variety of appropriate formal and informal tools and techniques to evaluate the progress and performance of students and families based on child development milestones
- Develop long-term and short-term intervention plans consistent with children’s developmental needs to help children attain full development potential
- Keep proper records of the children in the daycare and preschool programs including family background, health, social and key interventions and follow-up visits forms
- Assist ECD coordinator to carry-out individual child assessment to ensure each child is attaining proper development milestones
- Carry out any other duties as assigned by the supervisor, community programs officer and programs manager
- Performing other related duties as may be assigned
- High level of motivation, organization, honesty, commitment and professional responsibility
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Accurate and detail oriented
- Must have good counseling skills.
- Key knowledge on Early Childhood Development
- Must have at least 2 years working experience
- Degree/Diploma in Community Development
- Certificate/diploma in Early Childhood Development is desirable
Interested applicants should send their applications together with a detailed CV to the HR Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting their current and expected salaries.
Hard Copies application can be dropped at our Mathare Office any day from 8:00am-5:00pm
Applications should reach us no later than 28th March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.