The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, The Nairobian, KTN, KTN News, Radio Maisha, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for a qualified, experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the following position in our Digital Division;
The successful candidate will be involved in the technical and graphical aspects of web pages, producing not just the look of the website, but determining how it works as well.
The incumbent will be responsible for the maintenance of an existing site and managing the user experience and user interface for web, mobile and desktop applications.
- Designing of website visual imagery and ensuring that it is in line with Group designing policy
- Managing and implementing changing web and graphics trends and technologies
- Producing products that are user friendly, effective and appealing
- Monitoring website traffic and implementing search engine optimization techniques
- Designing events artwork and printing artworks for Standard digital products
- Receiving materials from editors, photographers and other clients, ensuring that they conform to set specifications
- Designing graphics animations and manipulating digital photographs
- Editing multimedia content, debugging code and re-designing web pages
Knowledge and Skills
- University degree or Diploma in Web development and design
- Diploma in MIS Studies (Web design and maintenance)
- Minimum of 2 years in busy web design and development
- Experience in Web programming technologies and database systems
- Good writing skills
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, visit our website http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current vacancies and apply not later than 3rd April 2016.