Vacancy: Category Manager – Clothing
Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide. They are looking to fill the position of a Category Manager for the Clothing line.
The position reports to General Manager Operations
Summary of the role: The category manager is supposed to drive the sales targets of the Category. This will be achieved through Sales Team Leadership, Training, and Managing for results.
The Category Manager will be expected to be an in-store expert in the merchandising, pricing and management.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning and driving category sales budgets for the category across the whole chain of branches
- Identifying new opportunities for the supermarket in the category
- Responsible for managing inventory and for effectively planning and forecasting in order to maximize the profitability of the inventory flow.
- Balancing projected forecasts and actual sales, create trend forecasts and implement sales plans, and supply chain of the category
- Financial analysis is also a key part of the planning responsibilities in the clothing, footwear and furniture section.
- Responsible for setting competitive pricing points, and adjusting the pricing to increase sales and clear out stagnant items from inventory.
- Often work closely with buyers to expand successful product lines, and implement successful exit strategies for unsuccessful unpopular merchandise.
- Responsible in creating marketing success formula – the right products at the right time for the right price.
- Will identify and keep active and healthy relationships with the right players in the category including suppliers and other actors in the value chain
- Will work with the marketing team to lead campaigns for the category to increase market share
- Bachelor’s degree in business management. Diploma candidates with good experience in the field can also apply
- Must have strong background with Sales, Marketing, merchandising and vendor relationships in the chosen category
- Experience in clothing, footwear
Salary Budget: Kshs. 150,000 – 250,000 Basic
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 16th March 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.