Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are looking to fill the position of a Risk and Audit Manager.
Job Purpose / Summary: The position is responsible for planning, co-coordinating, executing independent risk and compliance audits and ensuring systematic, disciplined approach for effective risk control management and governance process.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To maintain compliance checklists for all relevant regulations and ensure compliance adherence and timely submission.
- To interface with key managers to ensure that risk management is embedded in their daily responsibilities.
- Advice and recommend to the Board on best corporate governance practices
- To mentor and train staff on risk awareness, identification and mitigation.
- Maintain and quantify the risk log on current risks facing departments and proactively manage them in conjunction with the accountable parties.
- Create and review internal control procedures.
- Assess the due diligence on proposed investment opportunities in conjunction with the investment team.
- Measure the risk adjusted returns of the investment view and monitor this across all portfolios.
- Prepare and present reports that the management that reflect on risk and identify mitigation for aversion.
- Coordinate risk and compliance management over operation’s effectiveness and financial reliability.
- Make recommendations on how to strengthen the existing control and governance environment leading to long-term reduction in operational risk events.
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, financial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Determine internal audit scope and develop annual plans
- Obtain, analyse and evaluate accounting documentation, previous reports, data, flowcharts etc
- Prepare and present reports that reflect audit’s results and document process
- Act as an objective source of independent advice to ensure validity, legality and goal achievement
- Identify loopholes and recommend risk aversion measures and cost savings
- Maintain open communication with management and audit committee
- Document process and prepare audit findings memorandum
- Conduct follow up audits to monitor management’s interventions
- Engage to continuous knowledge development regarding sector’s rules, regulations, best practices, tools, techniques and performance standards
- A university degree
- A member of the Institution of surveyors of Kenya.
- At least five years’ experience in risk and compliance
- Legal and tax experience will be an added advantage.
Required skills and key competencies
- Excellent command and articulation of the English language.
- High interpersonal skills and ability to interact with people from all walks of life.
- Attention to detail.
- Numerical acumen and analytical.
- Holding people accountable
- Good planning and organization skills.
- Team player with proven leadership skills.
- Good decision maker.
- Result oriented.
Salary Budget: Kshs. 400,000 – 600,000 Basic
How to apply: If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business 21st March 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted