Terre des hommes Foundation (Tdh) is an international NGO focussed on Child Rights. To support the development of its programmes in Nairobi and Garissa County, Tdh is encouraging applications from Kenyan nationals for the role of:
Reporting to: Country Representative (CR)
Duty station: Nairobi
Contract duration: Up to December 2016-renewable
- Strategy: work with the CR and program managers in sector, geographical and national programming tactics and strategy, including the consideration of integrated development programming together with pertinent contingency and emergency response programme planning.
- Representation: when duly delegated, represent Tdh in Kenya in programme fora, and in donor and programme stakeholder coordination meetings including national representation of Tdh in Health and Nutrition technical working groups.
- Safety and security: Act as a member of the country office Security Management Team; ensure coordinated risk assessments and up to date context analyses for the areas of programme operations. Facilitate safety and security orientations for temporary or visiting staff. Ensure development and implementation of the standard operations procedures for the office and train staff on the same.
- With the CR, programme managers, and Logistics, Admin and Finance Manager, ensure full and compliant grants management including leading on grant orientation meetings, donor compliance issues and the systematic follow-up of programme implementation.
- Act as lead on M&E support to programme managers in project impact measurement and full reporting; coordinate on project surveys and/or evaluations.
- Lead on all country office drafting and editing of reports and other written documents, ensure quality while identifying any related staff training
- With the CR, act as support to and coordinate amongst programme managers for enhanced cross-sectoral synergies.
- Act as chief training staff member for general programme support and ensuring the active roll-out of the Tdh global Child Safeguarding Policy.
- Work with programme managers on programme assessments in line with geographic and sectoral priorities of Tdh Kenya.
- Lead on all proposal development, coordinate with programme managers, draft and finalize proposal narrative documents while working with the Logistics, Admin and Finance Manager on proposal budgets.
- Assist in recruitment of programme staff.
- With the programme managers, lead on the drafting and updating of all communications documents; assist field teams with case study documentation.
- Short-term regional assignments possible.
- Related degree in international development, project implementation, or technical diploma in child rights or health.
- 8 years’ experience in INGO programming: emergency, refugee, IDP, development and urban programming; familiarity with grants management; international experience a plus.
- Management and supervision experience desirable.
- Donor compliance knowledge: Unicef, PRM and OFDA.
- Safety and security management experience including context analyses and SOP updating.
- Proven strong writing skills including analytical synthesis; programme reporting, programme assessment and ToR drafting, funding proposal narrative drafting, drafting and completion of communication documents.
- Training facilitation and delivery experience in the areas of internal organizational policy, programme reporting, and M&E.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili.
- Availability for frequent and potentially prolonged travel to Tdh Kenya programme areas (Nairobi County and Garissa County, including Dadaab).
- Ability to work in autonomy and under pressure.
Qualified and interested candidates should submit a cover letter and CV (with at least three referees. The Application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org – Kindly indicate the position on the subject line of the e-mail – only applications which will have complied with this request will be shortlisted.
Closing date for these position is 23rd March 2016 .
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Tdh is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.