This position within the organisation: The post holder, to be based in Nairobi, shall work within the Kenya and Ethiopia team under the supervision of the Country Manager (CM) Kenya based in Nairobi as the line manager, and report functionally to the Regional Finance and Administration Manager (RFAM) based in Nairobi.
Objective of the position: To implement, coordinate, realise and evaluate the financial and administrative policy and processes concerning the operations and programmes in the country and to execute the AO/IC (administrative organisation and internal control) processes within the country office.
- To ensure improved and sound day to day running of the country office.
- To ensure sound financial systems in place and sound and timely reporting.
- To ensure enhanced audit planning and reporting for partners and the country office.
- To ensure financial quality of projects and assistance to beneficiaries and sufficient qualitative financial information to management and other stakeholders.
- To ensure an efficient and effective HR system, standards and procedures in line with national laws and therefore a satisfied workforce in the TdHNL country office.
- In consultation with the country manager, coordinate the daytoday management of the office and office assets and consumables, as per established TdHNL procedures.
- To ensure TdHNL operations and activities are compliant with laws, regulations, and other statutory requirements of the government, its agencies and instruments.
- To advise on appropriate administrative systems and procedures in the country office.
- To be responsible for an efficient and effective coordination of the finance and admin support staff.
- To be responsible for security of office, staff and assets.
- To facilitate sound data entry systems for the country office and TdHNL partners incountry; and take appropriate and timely action in consultation with the Head Office in case of ICT issues.
- To frequently update the data system at the regional office and ensure all important documentation is also available at the regional office.
- To be responsible for the preparation and monitoring of operational budgets, in consultation with CM and RFAM.
- To be responsible for all financial (cash and cheque) transactions of the operational budget as per established procedures, as well as maintain uptodate accounts, including filing and safekeeping of documentation.
- To be responsible for compiling and submission of timely and complete monthly financial reports of the country office operational budget.
- To provide clear analytical information and advice to the management at country and regional office to support informed decision making.
- To be responsible for timely submission each month to the regional office of monthly finance reports as well as quarterly cash requests.
- To be responsible for compliance to all bank requirements.
- To review partner contract budgets and provide informed advice to management, as well as periodically (at least quarterly) review budget performance and provide analytical advice as well.
- To coordinate with the regional office on all finance related issues (partner contracts and office operational budgets).
- To prepare yearly plan of audit schedule for partners and submit to the regional office (RO).
- To facilitate in the selection process for auditors for partner audits.
- To secure approval of audit engagement and budget from RO prior to audit fieldwork.
- To coordinate the progress of audit and ensures timely submission of the draft and final report after country manager’s approval, to the regional office.
- To ensure maintenance of audit reports and documentation at the country office and follow up of recommendation with the Project Partners.
- To assist in office audits undertaken by the regional office or head office.
- To make at least quarterly supervisory support visits to all programme partners, to review financial reports and planning, as well as any other support or monitoring activities as may be appropriate.
- To apply TdHNL tools (PCATs) in organisational assessment, and identify together with TdHNL programme staff and project partners areas for further improvement on finance and administration management.
- To ensure that programme reports are delivered on time and are of good quality, according to TdHNL standards. This includes supporting the use by programme partners of the TdHNL online reporting system (PMEasy).
- To maintain good relationships with project partners, guiding them, giving capacity building training in finance and administration and giving direction as may be appropriate.
- To advise country and regional office on any changes, development and policies of the government relating to employment contracts and statutory benefits.
- To advise country and regional office on employment and consultancy contracts.
- To assist the regional management and country management in any HR related aspects.
- To be responsible for the hiring and firing of auxiliary staff, in consultation with the Country Manager.
- To carry out any other duties that can reasonably be asked of this position.
Profile required for position
- Relevant University degree up to at least Bachelors level.
- CPA graduate.
- Practical experience in financial administration planning/budgeting, execution, controlling, documentation and reporting (grant management cycle).
- Minimum of five (5) years relevant working experience in a similar nonprofit organisation.
- Practical knowledge and competence in use of ICT systems and accounting software.
- Focus on results
- Acting entrepreneurial
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Planning and organising
- Communication written and verbal
How to apply
Note that due to the expected large response only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about this position, you can contact the Country Manager Kenya at firstname.lastname@example.org