Deepa Industries (Tropical Heat)
Position: Quality Assurance Assistant
Reports to: Quality Assurance Manager
Duties & Responsibilities
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform to the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as per the laid down operational procedures.
- Monitoring of the set Critical Control Points and Operational Prerequisite Programmes (O-PRP) at the specified frequencies in the HACCP plans and O-PRP plans respectively, and reporting to the relevant authorities when the critical limits are exceeded.
- Monitoring the entire processes as guided by Standard Operating Procedures, to ensure process control of both Spices & Herbs and /or Snacks.
- Ensuring that product non-conformities are controlled at all levels, and any non-conformity is properly documented and product isolated to prevent unintended use.
- Carrying out shelf life studies on the current products as per the laid down procedure.
- Actively participating in any research on new product development and improvement of the existing ones.
- Sensory evaluation of all products being packed to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensuring that high hygiene standards are upheld in the production environments and the plant in general, by carrying out daily and weekly hygiene audits, and equipment are cleaned as per the laid down schedule.
- Ensuring that personnel in production areas adhere to the set hygiene rules at all times.
- Maintaining clean Quality Control records and properly filing them within 24 hours.
- Carrying out preshipment inspections on goods being dispatched to the market.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
- Minimum Diploma or Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science/ Chemistry from a recognized institution.
- Engineering from a recognized institution with at least 3 years’ work experience.
- Experience in food processing Quality Assurance
- Training and working knowledge of HACCP and ISO 22000
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple projects
- Strong organizational, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ready to build systems from the ground up.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and competencies we are looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please forward a copy of your updated resume indicating your current and expected salary to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 22nd March 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.