United Nations Development Programme
UNDP Kenya invites applications for the following position:
Post Title: Knowledge Management Associate
Contract Type: Fixed Term Appointment (FTA)
Grade / Band: G7
Direct Supervisor: Regional Coordination Advisor & Head of Secretariat (UNDG ESA)
Duration: One year, renewable subject to funding and performance
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Date of Issue: 24 March 2016
Closing Date: 5 April 2016
Background: The Regional United Nations Development Group (R-UNDG) is composed of 19 UN funds, programmes and specialized agencies working together to support UN Country Teams (UNCTs) in Eastern and Southern Africa to ensure effective UN system contributions to the realization of national development priorities, accelerate progress towards attainment of internationally agreed goals including the SDGs.
Regional UNDG Team for Eastern and Southern Africa (UNDG ESA) mobilizes and leverages resources in support of UN Country Teams’ support to countries, in their efforts to achieve national priorities; and to work strategically with key partners to identify and act upon agreed regional priorities.
Under the overall supervision of the Coordination Advisor and Head of the Secretariat, Regional United Nations Development Group for Eastern and Southern Africa (UNDG ESA), the Associate will be responsible for R-UNDG Knowledge Management including Website Design, Development and Content Management, in line with the UNDG ESA Work plan.
Education and Experience:
- University Degree in Computer Science, Information Science, Information Technology, Communications, or a related field.
- 7 years relevant work experience in IT sector and/or web development.
- Knowledge and experience with the UN System and/or other international organization is an asset / added advantage.
- Working knowledge of Meteor JS.
- Experience with PHP Framework (Kohana) and clean code architecture.
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with cross browser web development for IE, Firefox, Opera, Safari and Chrome.
- Familiarity with version control (SVN) and working in a multi-developer environment.
- Familiarity with NetBeans or other IDE for development and connecting to source repository;
- Excellent writing skills. Data visualization skills an added asset.
- Strong work ethic, ability to be self-directed and self-motivated.
- Excellent verbal and written English language skills.
For the full terms of reference and application procedures please access the UNDP e-recruitment portal through the following link – https://undpcareers.partneragencies.org/erecruit.html
Notice: UNDP, as a matter of practice, does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment process.
“UNDP is an equal opportunity employer which strives to achieve overall balance in its staffing patterns”.