URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Division & Project Overview: The URC Quality & Performance Institute (QPI) is a division of URC which serves as an organizing force to bring together best practices, staff experience, partnerships, and documentation on improving health care at URC.
ASSIST is managed by URC’s Quality and Performance Institute, (QPI), which has implemented quality improvement and operations research programs in health care since 1981 and continues to be at the cutting edge of health care improvement work in countries around the world.
URC is looking for individuals to fill the position of Knowledge Management and Communications Officer for a USAID funded project Applying Science to strengthen and Improve Systems (ASSIST).
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Help implement effective knowledge management practices for ASSIST, and drive the communication and dissemination of ASSIST projects and activities.
- Coordinate the ASSIST Kenya team in documenting improvement interventions and results through multiple media, including video clips, photographs, interviews, and case studies.
- Lead in content development for ASSIST Portal related to improving the quality of health care in Kenya in the areas of service for the most vulnerable children, health system strengthening, PMTCT, nutrition, HIV/AIDS, MNCH, RH and any other technical area that ASSIST Kenya may be involved in.
- Write USAID Success Stories and web stories about improvement interventions and results, making this information available as appropriate to the ASSIST portal, USAID Kenya website, and Ministry of Health information channels.
- Assist in tracking and effectively communicating the results and impact of ASSIST work in Kenya by supporting ASSIST/Kenya team in the design and implementation of knowledge-sharing activities in the country during learning sessions, coaching visits among others.
- Liaise with knowledge management/communications teams of other agencies and USAID funded projects that are working in areas relevant to ASSIST Kenya.
- Liaise with ASSIST staff in other countries to share progress, successes, challenges, and engage in country to country knowledge exchanges.
- Identify and pursue avenues for disseminating results of ASSIST’s work in Kenya at national, regional conferences and at partners meetings.
- Coordinate and manage the preparation, publication and dissemination of ASSIST knowledge products and services, including helping to determine the best media to achieve its dissemination goals.
- Support in drafting and editing needs of ASSIST team in Kenya.
- Conduct other assignments related to communications and knowledge management.
- Degree in communication, information science, journalism or development related field.
- A minimum of five (5) years relevant professional experience.
- An established track record in communications and knowledge management, including web management, editing, proofreading and copy editing.
- Experience in developing video documentary, short films, designing newsletters.
- Knowledge and experience in social media management.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Good drafting skills and demonstrated ability to prepare reports and publications.
- Excellent computer skills, including experience with: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Good analytical skills and ability to interpret public health and epidemiological data.
- Demonstrated experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including donors’, senior government officials.
- Knowledge of USAID communications, knowledge dissemination and knowledge management are a plus.
- Well-organized, resourceful with good planning and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to work in complex environments with multiple tasks and short deadlines.
- Strong initiative and the ability to think creatively.
- Ability to manage time and prioritize multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
How to Apply:
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated. Also, please complete your application form and attach a completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet as well.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce.