Kenya is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa
catering to over 6000 students from 73 nationalities, and with a global
network of over 11,000 alumni.
line with USIU – Africa’s commitment to providing quality, affordable
education through world-class service delivery platforms, USIU-Africa is
seeking to recruit a suitable candidate for the following position:
- Observation of vital signs and giving treatment at the triage room.
- Man the health center reception and receive patients.
- Maintaining medical records.
- Observation and monitoring of patient conditions as well as maintenance of records.
- Offering medical advice to patients.
- Assistance in surgical procedures.
- Sterilization and packaging of surgical equipment.
- Referral (where necessary) of medical emergencies.
- General housekeeping of the Health Center (includes preparation of First Aid kits, pre-packaging of drugs/pharmaceuticals and maintenance of hygiene).
- Assisting the Clinician in dispensing drugs when needed.
- Assisting in the monthly stock take.
- Process and follow up on insurance and hospital invoices
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Health Service Coordinator
- Diploma in Community Health Nursing (KRCHN) from an accredited medical institution.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education grade C (plain) or equivalent.
- Valid practicing license from the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Over 5 years working experience as a nurse in a hospital/university clinic. Experience managing the reception of a busy hospital, and processing of patient medical records will be an added advantage.
- Good customer care
- Team work.
- Accuracy, neatness, and consistency
- Analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Planning and Organization skills
- Decision Making skills
Should you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
Head of Human Resources,
United States International University – Africa
P.O Box 14634-00800,
USIU-Africa is an equal opportunity employer