Uwezo Microfinance Bank is committed to being the leading Microfinance Bank through provision of quality and professional financial and savings solutions, products and investment management services in the lower end of the financial markets.
We focus on the provision of financial and savings solutions to the SMEs, savings and investment groups, professionals and individuals who are desirous of growth.
We are looking for an energetic and results driven individual in the position of:
Job Purpose: The Branch Manager will be responsible for managing the branch and the branch team to achieve high performance levels including managing branch resources to achieve set targets and customer satisfaction in line with overall business plan.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing, ensuring implementation and monitoring of branch targets and drawing annual plans for approval and execution in line with the overall business plan.
- Planning and monitoring the activities of the branch to ensure productivity and deliver results.
- General management and administration of the branch including proposing targets for the development plan of the branch.
- Ensuring the implementation of the bank internal control system in the Branch.
- Managing the financial resources and processes including preparing monthly revenue reports, monitoring and reporting.
- Establishing and implementing all the procedures needed to manage the branch in accordance with Uwezo MFB procedures.
- Leading and growing a healthy branch portfolio and minimizing risks.
- Promoting and ensuring the development of Uwezo MFB activities in line with the overall bank strategy to achieve set objectives of the branch in terms of financial and social performance.
- Driving and managing market outreach to create and nurture business networks and customer relations to grow portfolio.
- Following up and assessing the market for business opportunities while managing branch leads and ensuring conversion by reporting, communicating and facilitating continuity and results.
- Providing superior level customer relationship management and promoting sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation.
- Ensuring that all the infrastructure is operational and well maintained (offices and office equipment, MIS, etc.).
- Collecting, collating and preparing branch reports for management information and decisions.
- Managing and monitoring the individual branch loans by carrying out pre & post engagement processes, activation and overall growth and sustainability.
- Managing branch staff while developing, training, motivating and evaluating them to achieve highest levels of performance.
- Preparing, managing and monitoring the branch budgets.
- Managing the branch communication.
- Identifying, implementing and benchmarking best practices in management.
- Managing and implementing change initiatives to achieve desired business plans and culture.
Job Skills & Competencies: Customer Service management; Accounting Operations; Marketing Operations; Influencing and implementing innovation; Training skills; Credit management; Conflict management; Group management; Problem solving skills; Communication & Interpersonal skills; Change management; Information management; Application and exploitation of IT.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field. MBA an added advantage.
- At least 3 years relevant experience in a similar post.
Qualified candidates to send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th March 2016.