Our Client, Virgin Tours, a leading Tours and Travel and Corporate Cabs company in Nairobi with a branch in Mombasa, wishes to recruit a motivated and organized Fleet Manager to join their team of professionals.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the role of the successful applicant shall be but not limited to the following:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To ensure that the company has adequate vehicles to support the needs of its clients. This is achieved by seeking vehicles from potential car owners.
- Ensure all vehicles are road worthy and on the road at all times.
- He will be leading a team of Fleet Supervisors to achieve the following:
- Appropriate drivers’ change-overs between shifts.
- Control and management of fueling of vehicles.
- Cleanliness of vehicles.
- To ensure appropriate grooming of drivers.
- To ensure that the driver community is appropriately motivated.
- Effective communication with Car owners to achieve the following:
- Car Owners are always informed on issues affecting their vehicles.
- That Insurances are obtained on time and inspection is done on time.
- That Car Owners receive statements on time
- Generally maintaining good relationship with Car Owners.
- He will ensure all vehicles comply with statutory requirements and will be responsible for issues dealing with regulatory authorities such as the police, County Govt. officials, Music Copy Rights.
- Timely response to Accidents and incidents involving regulatory authorities.
- He will be responsible for liaising with garages, car wash and related suppliers. The selection of these suppliers will be done in conjunction with the Managing Director.
- He will be responsible for compilation of the following reports:
- Accident / Incident reports
- Fueling reports
- Vehicle maintenance reports
- Due dates for insurances, inspections and records of batteries and tyres
- Should be a Team Player.
Skills and Qualifications:
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position with over 5 years driving experience
- Diploma in logistics or business administration / Long experience in a similar role.
- PSV holder
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge in computer packages a MUST
- Excellent planning and prioritizing skill
- Leadership and mentor ship skills shall be an added advantage
Qualified and willing candidates can send their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org on or by 23rd March 2016 indicating your salary expectation.
Kindly note: Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.