University of Nairobi
Position title: wPOWER Partnership Officer
Background: The Green Belt Movement International (USA) has received a grant from the U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Oceans & International Environmental & Scientific Affairs (OES) to support the creation and scaling up of the wPOWER Hub at the Wangari Maathai Institute for Peace & Environmental Studies (WMI) at the University of Nairobi.
The Green Belt Movement is seeking to recruit a Partnership Officer to be based at the wPOWER Hub.
- Provide daily management and oversight of Hub employees and activities on behalf of the Project Director
- Develop and implement a partnership strategy
- Design a partnership program, incorporating best practices
- Plan and host partnership gatherings and networking sessions
- Develop strong relationships with current and future wPOWER partners, maintaining consistent contact
- Track and monitor progress towards partnership goals
- Manage partnerships and communications with partners, including the interactive platform
- Maintain database and recordkeeping systems of files, calendars, and spreadsheets on partners
- Write and edit promotional materials for specific wPOWER programs
- Produce and oversee the distribution of correspondences, including invitations to funder events/briefings
- Help plan and manage events for partners, develop and distribute materials for the events and/or follow-up
- Manage the knowledge management platform, identify and facilitate sharing of resources with partners including facilitation of trainings and webinars
- Perform other administrative duties as required
This is a full-time position based at the wPOWER Hub in Nairobi, Kenya.
wPOWER offers a competitive salary to be determined based on the candidate’s education level and prior work experience.
Required Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in international relations, nonprofit management, building networks/partnerships or related fields
- 5-10 years of experience in communications, networking, nonprofit management, partnership development or related experience working for the U.S. government
- Strong communication (written and oral) skills in English. French fluency a bonus.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis
- Excellent networking and partnership building skills
- Knowledge of computer programs: all Microsoft Office programs, web-based communication tools
- Ability to work independently and in groups, and to manage multiple projects at once
- Ability to work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Knowledge of environmental and energy issues
- A passion for women’s empowerment
Please submit your resume, cover letter, writing sample (max 3,000 words), and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org,by COB on 18th March 2016.
NB: This is a re-advertisement and therefore those who have already applied please do not re-apply.