Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
Head of Editorial and Content – Waumini Communications
Roles and Responsibilities
- Draw editorial policy and key thematic areas to guide coverage.
- Organize the production of high quality thematic programs for distribution and airing through national and local stations in line with the editorial policy and media council guidelines.
- Train reporters and journalists in the network.
- Provide policy guidelines on staff development and compensation in line with diocesan policies and global media trends.
- Prepare and coordinate national radio programmes as per the company media policy and core values.
- Resource, gather, conceptualize and collate air material/topical issues of recording from business forums, internet, magazines, newspapers, opinions, suggestions, formal interviews and other credible sources.
- Write scripts, record and schedule radio programmes for reporting through national and local radio stations.
- Edit stories filed by reports or recorded programmes for accuracy and forward for broadcasting through national/local radio stations.
- Ensure all broadcast material is properly compiled, edited and organized and is of highest broadcast quality with proper sound recording levels.
- Ensure that a system of continuous monitoring of the quality of broadcast and audience response is in place to gain understanding of emerging needs and use the outcome to proactively put in place changes that would enable the station sustain and increase listenership by the target audience.
- Conduct regular customer satisfaction surveys for evaluation client perception and information to improve service delivery standards and editorial review.
- Carry out monthly analysis of broadcast performance in each radio station and provide complete, accurate and timely reports to facilitate management decisions.
- Bachelor’s Degree level in communications and journalism with at least 3 years’ experience, A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Critical understanding of broadcast media industry.
- Must possess written oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili.
- Excellent communications and strategic planning skills.
- Demonstrated negotiation and writing skills.
- Ability to work both independently, and as member of diverse task teams.
- General Computer proficiency e.g. Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint.
- High levels of creativity and innovation.
- In-depth knowledge of current affairs.
- Able to work long hours of intense work
- High levels of Integrity and confidentiality
- Commitment to quality work and adherence to standards.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Demonstrate ability to analyse information for decision making.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Social Teaching
Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops – General Secretariat
P.O. Box 13475 – 00800
To reach him on or before March 14th March 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted