In all its projects and through the involvement of the entire community, We World operates with the main objective of tackling the causes and consequences of poverty through a right.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Cash book management (recording cash and bank transactions, daily book keeping of expenses in the cashbooks, reconciliation of bank and cash balances, reconciliation of advances and their settlement) and registration in the accounting overall system of the organization;
- Withhold and process all statutory payments and returns (NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, etc.);
- Check the accountability of the financial documents;
- Monitoring the budget and make sure that it is in line with the funding received from the donor;
- Prepare payroll and pay slips for the employees;
- Ensure that a transparent and proper system of authorizations is implemented and monitor constantly that this is updated and filed accordingly;
- Ensure that a proper and transparent filling of all documents relating to finance is present and updated in the office;
- Assist We World office to run smooth internal and external audits;
- Supervise that staff travel expenditures are undertaken according to the funds available and the estimation given.
- Check and control of the partners financial reports, both the physical documents and the softcopies
- Ensure both We World office and local partners financial reports adhere to We World and EU guidelines and procedures
- Ensure We World and EU regulations and procedures are adhered to in all procurement of goods and services;
- Ensure that We World and EU guidelines are followed in all procurement areas and by all the partners;
- Monitor all procured assets to ensure proper asset tagging and keep recording of the ‘assets leave out’ forms ;
- Update the inventory list;
- Routinely place the orders of office supplies;
- Manage the filing, storage and security of documents;
- Monitor property leases, relevant insurances, telephone services and utilities to ensure timely payments;
- Process routine personnel forms, such as leave or sick reports;
- Keeping the staff records updated (annual leaves, bio data)
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting, Business Administration or similar with completed all sections of CPA;
- 3 years’ work experience as Finance and admin officer in a EU project and more than 5 years work experience;
- Very strong organizational skills with proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines;
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in multi-cultural context;
- Able to relate with staff personnel and local partners and to train them on the job on finances in order to meet the requirements of We World and EU;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the drafting of letters, e-mails and documents;
- Excellent computer skills, especially Excel;
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to take initiatives and additional responsibilities and work without supervision to accomplish results;
- Adhere to the principles of the organization and widespread its mission.
- Master Degree will be highly valued
- Prior experience working for NGOs and/or charitable institutions
- Prior experience working on projects funded by the European Union
- Driving license.
Location: Migori county office based, most of the time and frequent missions to Nairobi
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV by email clearly stating in the subject Vacancy No: FIN/WWIKF/KEN/002/2016 to: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th March 2016 and attach a recent recommendation letter from one of the last employers.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.