The University of Washington (UW) is proud to be one of America’s premier educational and research institutions.
We have been conducting medical research and program activities in Kenya for over 25 years.
As part of this endeavor, the Treatment, Research and Expert Education (TREE) program has contributed to HIV medical research and has developed HIV treatment, prevention and management capacity through training, clinical mentorship, and webcast distance learning lectures.
The UW TREE Program is seeking a skilled Web Designer and Developer.
Web Developer Responsibilities
The Web Developer will be responsible for re-designing the UW TREE website:
Content Development and Design
- Preparing a design plan, showing the site structure and how the different parts link together
- Develop a user experience plan including strategy, content, and testing
- Develop an interface prototype that includes branding and graphic design elements
- Initiate a major UI re-factorings for a more intuitive user-experience
Web Development and Responsiveness
- Develop a strategy to increase web traffic on UW TREE website
- Implement social media to the website in order to improve an user experience
- Ensure the website is adaptable to all device screen sizes
- Test and improve the design and site until everything works as planned
Ongoing Content Development and Social Media
- Regularly draft content for the UW TREE website in consultation with Study Coordinator and PI
- Share news developments on UW TREE’s social media platform(s) (e.g. Twitter, Facebook) and increase exposure of UW TREE
- Update UW TREE website on a regular basis as necessary
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in related fields such as Computer Science or IT
- Experienced Drupal web designer
- Knowledge of SEO and social applications
- Evidence of your creative and technical skills e.g. websites you have worked on.
- Good working knowledge of the main web design applications
- Ability to pay attention to detail
Terms of Employment
This is a part time position
The successful candidate will be offered a 1-year renewable contract as per UW-TREE terms of service including a probation period for the first 3 months of employment.
Submit your application letter addressed to the TREE Study Coordinator. Include your daytime telephone contact, telephone contacts of three professional referees, detailed Curriculum Vitae, and a cover letter that details your qualification for this specific position.
Attach copies of certificates and testimonials.
Provide a profile of websites developed and maintained within the past 1 year.
Submit your application by March 25, 2016 at 5:00 pm to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line must read: “Application for UW TREE Web Designer Position”.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted