Work Location: Nairobi.
About Action Africa Help International: Action Africa Help International (AAH-I) is an African-led, regional organisation, working in Kenya, Somalia, South Sudan, Uganda, and Zambia.
It brings over 25 years’ experience working with communities in conflict and post-conflict situations, including refugees, internally displaced people, host communities and communities in urban slums.
AAH-I is looking for a committed individual for a six month internship to support in day to day IT support tasks.
He/she will report to the IT manager.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support for PC and Server Hardware, Network Equipment & Peripherals and Software applications
- Antivirus update and maintenance
- Ensure Preventative Maintenance is undertaken as per schedules
- Ensure Backups of user data
- Work directly with IT vendors (Service providers) to obtain support, repair and warranty information
- Ensure updated Hardware Inventory
Minimum Personal Specifications
- Degree in Computer Science or IT
- Knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems for PC’s and Servers,
- Active Directory Services administration
- SQL Server Administration
- Microsoft Office
Additional Skills & Competences
- Good communication skills (written and spoken);
- Good interpersonal skills
- ICT Skills (Microsoft office; email);
- Highly organized
- Ability to work with minimum supervision;
- Degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
Interested candidates should email application letters and CVs (with 2 referees) addressed to email@example.com to be received by 8th April 2016.
The email Subject Line must show the job title of the position applied for.
AAH-I is an equal-opportunity employer.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.