Voluntary Position for IT-System Development & Capacity
The Africa Alliance of YMCAs (AAYMCA) is seeking to recruit a volunteer to support the organisation in standardizing software, creating easily accessible network structures and build the capacity of key staff to manage the same.
The goal is to permanently enhance the exchange of information and communications between member associations, AAYMCA’s head office as well as among the individual associations.
The position holder will be based in Nairobi Kenya and with frequent travel to member organisations in Africa to support local teams to improve their IT infrastructure.
This being a volunteer position, no salary and benefits are attached to it except direct work-related travel costs.
- Degree from a recognized university.
- Application-oriented knowledge of e-learning programmes, cloud computing and open-source software based on Linux.
- At least three years relevant professional experience, preferably within the context of NGO work.
- Sound working knowledge of English, German and French and ability to convey technical information in these languages.
- Ability to provide high-quality services as a volunteer.
- Proof of resources to support their time as a volunteer with the AAYMCA.
- Creativity and skill to find solutions that match the circumstances and communicate them effectively.
- High degree of cultural sensitivity and the ability to work effectively in a diverse multicultural team.
- Keen interest in taking part in community life.
- Develop a strategy to introduce a network infrastructure, including a launch scenario and an initial training plan (open-source based).
- Responsible for training staff in the use and maintenance of the software.
- Develop a backup system.
- Design and technical implementation of an e-learning programme.
- Support YMCAs to develop IT based Youth spaces.
- Document the progression of the project.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and detailed CV, including referees by 4 p.m. on 21st April 2016 to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify the position and reference number.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.