Reporting: Reports to the Group CEO
Position Location: AGF offices in Nairobi, Kenya
Position Summary: The position focuses on the development and implementation of an e-communication strategy to ensure effective communication with key stakeholders, including both internal and external audiences, with a goal of increasing the visibility of the African Guarantee Fund by providing feedback to its clients and partner institutions through creating and developing the institution’s image and building the brand AGF.
The Communication and Public Relations Officer will have a very strong Public Relations background and experience dealing with internal and external collaborators and will have the following duties and responsibilities:
- To design an internal communication strategy in close cooperation with the Group CEO and to lead the internal communication strategy on a day-to-day basis
- Design a coherent framework and an implementation plan for an internal communication strategy for AGF
- Design criteria against which the internal communication and its effectiveness can be evaluated, reviewed and improved regularly
- Overview consistency of the AGF’s internal communication with the AGF’s mission and the organisation’s core values and with its external communication
- Writing and editing documents understandable by all staff that explain the meaning and the consequences of new internal rules or external constraints
- Be a communication link to AGF staff
- Offer strategic and practical advice to management on internal communication tasks and help management execute them
- Develop and maintain the Web site, expanding AGF’s outreach capacity through use of digital media tools; Facebook, twitter etc.
- Designing, writing and/or producing presentations, press releases, articles, leaflets, ‘in-house’ journals, reports, publicity brochures, information for web sites and promotional videos.
- Coordinate AGF bi-monthly electronic newsletter: write content, distribute via e-mail, maintain mailing lists;
- Maintain database of AGF resource persons within the regions;
- Assist in event planning, including workshops, media conferences;
- Draft speeches for the Group CEO, arrange interviews and other forms of contact for them.
- In consultation with concerned departments, respond and direct email queries from clients and partners on the AGF info email; and
- Implement and maintain corporate brand standards in all materials developed.
- Dealing with enquiries from the public, the press, and related organisations
- Organising promotional events such as press conferences, open days, exhibitions, tours and visits in liaison with the Group CEO of AGF
- Speaking publicly at interviews, press conferences and presentations
- Providing clients with information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Analysing media coverage and evaluating advertising and promotion programs for compatibility with public relations efforts.
- In liaison with other Heads of Departments ,Commissioning or undertaking relevant market research
- Organising round table discussions or breakfast meetings for publicity of AGF with partners
- • Planning publicity strategies and campaigns
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with local and international media representatives
Desired Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Experiences
- Degree in journalism, public relations, communications, or related field, preferably in the development, Banking and Finance sector;
- Previous experience working in Public Relations;
- A Master’s degree in related field is an added advantage;
- At least five (5) years of professional work experience in communication and Public relations;
- Good written communication skills, with demonstrated experience
in the application of professional editorial standards, journalistic
news writing and corporate brand style;
- At least 3 years’ experience in Graphic design, 3D, Visual art or Illustration.
- Bilingual with fluent English and French (speaking and writing).
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities, work under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Strong self-starter with initiative to identify opportunities and take appropriate action;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multicultural team;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, In Design and Web content management software such as Drupal;
- Direct, demonstrated experience with and knowledge of:
- Social networking strategies, networks, tools
- Graphic design (Adobe suite);
- Good command of written and spoken French and English
- Enthusiastic, personal commitment to the issues promoted by AGF and displays the highest standards of personal integrity.
Applicants should apply by email, sending a cover letter summarizing their relevance to this position, a full C.V. names and contact information of three referees knowledgeable about the candidate’s professional qualifications and work experience (as one document) to:
“Application for Communication and Public Relations Officer – AGF” should be clearly marked on the subject line of the email message.
Applications will be considered until 15th April 2016 or until the position is filled.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Learn more about us on www.africanguaranteefund.com