Industrial Promotion Services is the Industrial development affiliate of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development (AKFED) (www.akdn.org/akfed)
We are interested in enhancing the growing of yellow passion fruit (Passiflora edulis var. flavicarpa) in the Kenyan Coastal area, which is identified as a low-income marginalized area in need of significant agricultural support.
Our goal is to help support local farmers in finding alternative income generating farming opportunities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum 10 years experience in breeding and or selection of yellow passion fruit to isolate and develop high yielding clones/types.
- Comprehensive knowledge and skill in managing pests and diseases associated with the yellow passion fruit.
- Minimum 5 years experience in designing and implementing large passion fruit farms or small scale farmer outgrower schemes.
- Extensive knowledge and exposure to the passion fruit industry, its market standards, regulations, costs, margins etc
- Experience in working specifically with yellow passion fruit.
- Educational Qualifications – Minimum Bachelors degree (or equivalent) in an Agriculturally related field.
- Age – Preferably over 35yrs of age.
- Able and willing to travel, with ability to stay for extended periods in a challenging environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written) in English.