The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an international non-profit, non governmental organization that carries out high quality, policy relevant research on population, health and education issues facing sub-Saharan Africa.
The Center seeks to fill the position of Procurement and Administration Officer.
- Overseeing day-to-day office administrative services
- Organizing transport and accommodation for new staff
- Ensuring all office services are provided effectively and efficiently including stationary and office drinking water
- Planning and coordinating procurement of goods and services
- Reviewing and processing payments to suppliers
- Overseeing effective administration of petty cash
- Overseeing effective delivery of catering services by the office restaurant
- Planning and coordinating disposal of obsolete office assets
- Coordinating air travel, taxi and office transport
- Recommend and implement changes to administrative processes and policies
- Supervision of the Receptionist and drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant area
- At least 3 years post qualification experience in administration and procurement
- Professional certification in procurement/purchasing and supply is an added advantage
- Basic accounting knowledge is essential
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and communications skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills including the ability to accurately keep track of administrative issues.
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply through our recruitment portal http://hrs.aphrc.org by April 15, 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Cover letters should be addressed to:
The Human Resources Officer
African Population and Health Research Center, Inc
APHRC Campus, Manga Close, off Kirawa Road, Kitisuru
P. O. Box 10787-GPO, Nairobi
APHRC is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to the protection of children