International in Kenya, is a Christian development agency, which exists
to demonstrate the love of God by helping Kenyan communities acquire
desperately needed clean water, and to experience “water for life in
Jesus’ name” – the gospel of Jesus Christ – which alone satisfies the
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following position:
- Work closely with the Program Manager, Water engineers and relevant government ministries and non-governmental agencies to maintain reliable water supply projects.
- Assess and diagnose problems with broken down water supply systems including submersible electric & hand pumps, surface pumps, electrical pump controls, piping and pipe fittings, water treatment units and general borehole installations and give recommendations/ reports on their repair.
- Carry out or coordinate repairs on broken down water systems (as detailed above) and restore to working condition.
- Work closely with the water management committees and caretakers in water site maintenance work and equip them with simplified maintenance techniques.
- Carry out scheduled and called-upon preventive service and maintenance visits to completed water projects including simplified water quality analysis or sampling.
- Keep file record of each project service and maintenance plan and details and inventory of water repairs fast moving parts.
- Conduct field measurements and assessments for new and proposed rehabilitation projects.
- Training and mentor communities on basic and effective usage and maintenance of water supply systems and sanitation facilities.
- Consistently seek technical guidance from and provide feedback and report regularly to the Program Manager and or Water technicians.
- Supervise the construction and rehabilitation of water supplies and sanitation facilities in strict adherence to the Kenya government regulations and LWI Quality standards.
- Participate in writing of monthly, quarterly, semi- annual and end of projects reports as required by Living Water Service Centre and its donors.
- Document and disseminate best practices on water supply to the communities and institutions, and participate in community water related meetings in field level as may be required.
- Demonstrate Love of Christ and witness for Him through daily activities.
- A minimum of Diploma or equivalent certificate from a recognized institution in any discipline relating to Water, Civil or Electrical Engineering is the necessary educational requirement.
- At least two years practical experience with installations and repairs on water pump systems (electricals controls and pipework) especially for borehole and surface water supplies.
- Knowledge on boreholes construction and pump performances.
- Ability and willingness to travel and stay in the field.
- Well-developed interpersonal and team skills ability to be flexible in demanding situations.
- Vehicle or motor bike driving experience will be an added advantage.
qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page
only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of
qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references –
professional, spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
LWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via the following email address: email@example.com
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Closing date for applications is 13th May 2016.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.