Position title: Business Development Manager
Background: Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is the infrastructure and industrial development arm of the Aga Khan Fund for Economic Development, which in turn is a member of the Aga Khan Development Network.
Industrial Promotion Services (IPS) is dedicated to promoting private sector entrepreneurship and building economically sound enterprises in the developing world.
IPS invests in projects within East Africa across a wide range of sectors, including: Food and Agro Processing, Printing and Packaging, Textiles, Leather processing, Pharmaceuticals, Power and Telecommunications.
Position Summary: Responsible for identifying and implementing new and existing opportunities within the sector in line with the agreed strategies and policies as defined.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Identify, define and investigate new products/opportunities with a view of proposing complete feasibility to the board for possible investment/implementation.
- Investigate any existing projects identified by the company with a view of commercialization.
- Develop and implement strategies, objectives and budgets to exploit business opportunities.
- Analyze business/market trends, product line development, changes in future demand, competition and contacts.
- Implement strategies for developing existing products into existing markets as well as new markets.
- Be responsible for market intelligence
- Strengthen relations and maintain linkages between customer, sales and marketing and production.
Qualification and Experience
- A Bachelors’ degree in any numeric discipline.
- A Masters degree in Business Administration or related field will be an advantage.
- 3 years experience gained in a relevant capacity.
- Commercial acumen and awareness is key.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- A ‘can do attitude’ and innovative thinking.
- Good leadership and organization skills.
- Proficiency of computer application packages.
Applications together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, telephone contact, e-mail address and copies of certificates and testimonials should be sent to the,
Head of Human Resources,
Industrial Promotions Services
P. O. Box 30500-00100,
or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org