Introduction: The KCCB – General Secretariat is the National Administrative, facilitative and Coordinative arm through which the KCCB implements and co-ordinates various Pastoral programs at the National level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church in Kenya.
Background: Caritas Kenya (CK) is the Development and Humanitarian arm of the Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB).
Caritas Kenya coordinates and facilitates humanitarian and development activities in the 25 Diocesan Caritas in Kenya. Caritas Kenya does this through its National roles of Coordination, Facilitation and Representation.
Caritas Kenya is a member of the Caritas Internationalis (CI) Post-2015 Working Group set up to engage and influence the UN political process of developing the development agenda for the next 15 years.
Purpose and Objective: To take further the SDGs process and specifically with regard to high-level advocacy efforts relating to the CI dimensions of the SDGs, Caritas Kenya seeks to hire an Advocacy Project Assistant to support in the delivery of key functions relating to the SDGs implementation process with a view to bringing a strong voice of the church and civil society into the into this process within Kenya.
Summary of key functions:
- Supporting the National Director in his/her SDGs advocacy efforts, including spearheading internal and external coordination on the SDGs;
- Supporting the National Director in a mapping process and building alliances and strategic partnerships to sustain and bolster Caritas Kenya advocacy on SDGs
- Develop a Caritas Kenya advocacy strategy and implementation plan on SDG implementation
- Monitoring and sharing progress on the implementation of the SDGs campaign by governments;
- Playing a key role in knowledge management on the CI dimensions of the SDGs.
- Conceptualize and develop innovative advocacy strategies for Caritas Kenya to advance the CI dimensions of the SDGs at national and local levels;
- Develop and disseminate advocacy messages tailored to a range of key development stakeholders on the CI dimensions of the SDGs;
- Contribute to content in the preparation of high quality briefs, speeches, statements and messages on SDGs by the National Director
- Provide analysis of trends and dynamics with regard to the achievement of the CI dimensions of the SDGs, as well as implications of changes in the external environment which will impact on the same;
- Develop strong working relationships with other Programs of Caritas Kenya, Diocesan Caritas and in the field, to ensure effective internal coordination on SDGs advocacy.
- Support resource mobilization efforts to sustain and bolster Caritas Kenya’s advocacy on SDGs;
- Assist the National Director in his/her efforts to strengthen existing and build and nurture new strategic partnerships and alliances with key development stakeholders, including governments, intergovernmental institutions, parliamentarians, civil society, academic institutions, the private sector and UN Agencies.
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in political affairs, international relations, social sciences or related fields. Students on attachment from a university can apply.
- Demonstrates proven ability to advocate and provide policy advice to senior officials;
- Demonstrates ability to build strategic partnerships with multiple stakeholders, including governments, civil society, and the private sector;
- Possesses ability to lead formulation, oversight of implementation, monitoring and evaluation of development programmes
- Has good interpersonal and communication skills
- A good knowledge of social teachings of the Church, and Ethical principles
All applications must include (as an attachment) CV and academic testimonials to:-
KCCB- General Secretariat
P.O Box 13475-00800
To reach him on or before 13th May 2016
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted