Job Title: Chief Financial Officer
- Lead in Company-specific planning process and, with the joint support of the other members of the Company Management, for the actual result and the economic planning for the Country organization (joint profit-loss and liquidity/net debt accountability)
- Guide and determine decisions related to commercial management (in particular liquidity planning, annual financial statements, status reports, short-term planning for the coming business year and medium term, five-year planning)
- Commercial reporting as the basis of the required assessment of measures and projects and of the provision of information regarding the management of the Country organization and relevant to decision making
- Consistent application and further development of the commercial Group systems in the Country organization
- Information of the Country Management regarding all issues of fundamental importance in the area of responsibility
- Support the country organization’s departments and managers with finance and business decisions, e.g. investment applications and other business related questions
- Develop additional local/country Finance strategies (e.g. for local financial specialties etc.) in agreement with regional management and in line with our client local/ country Finance strategy
- External and internal representation of legal entity regarding financial issues/affairs to all business partners, authorities and third parties of all kinds
- Supports regional management in development of country/ local Logistics Finance strategies (Accounting, Controlling, Finance, Procurement, Risk Management & Compliance, Real Estate Management)
- Supports country/ local business development activities based on respective client Logistics strategies
- All important financial issues/risks, legal affairs and business development activities of or-Organizational units of legal entity.
- Actively participate in and influence the strategic direction of our client as well as the execution of the determined strategic plans, ensuring sustainability of the business placing emphasis on triple bottom line.
- Produce and distribute and any other relevant reports which are required to form the basis of assessment of measures, projects and decision making as well as provide information regarding the management of our client to relevant parties.
- Support country/local business development activities through the provision of professional finance, IT, Procurement and management practices, financial insight and optimized application.
- Lead the shared services team through coaching, developing and motivation of subordinates including follow-up of team and individual performance against targets and objectives aligned with overall company strategy.
- Ensure consistent application and further development of commercial systems in Kenya.
Role Related Qualifications / Skills;
- Relevant post-graduate degree in Finance
- Deep knowledge of financial, risk and business management practices and processes
- 20 years’ experience of which at least 10 years in a senior management capacity
How to Apply