Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
If you are looking for the opportunity to have a genuine impact on service development and stakeholder engagement, then this could be the opportunity for you to join our Co-op Consultancy & Insurance Agency (CCIA) team.
Reporting to the Principal Officer CCIA, the Claims Officer will be charged with the responsibility of ensuring that insurance claims are handled efficiently from end-to-end and that payment for valid claims is made to their policyholders.
Specifically, the successful jobholder will be required to:
- Develop the claims processes for motor and non-motor business on the Bancassurance manual and ensure that any claims policy changes agreed on are updated on the Bancassurance manual.
- Analyze all claims before they are reported to insurance companies to ensure they have been fully and comprehensively documented and without loopholes.
- Support product development initiatives and process improvements at the Agency and ensure each product has its own claims requirements and check list.
- Develop a comprehensive SLA for both motor and non-motor claims to be signed by all insurance companies with review & renewal timelines in liaison with Strategists and ensure that all claims are settled within the set SLA timelines with insurance companies.
- Update on a weekly basis the branches, staff and clients on the status of their claims in addition to maintaining a weekly schedule of all claims reported and when they are concluded.
- Highlight any problematic claim immediately so that it’s sorted especially those that may require ex-gratia payments.
- Train customers, DSR’s/ Bancassurance officers and bank staff on claims requirements and procedures
- Provide a comprehensive monthly report on claims status, system issues pertaining to claims, trends analysis, and training gaps identified.
- Ensure all products being rolled out by the Agency have customer friendly exclusions and excesses (both time & monetary excesses) in liaison with strategists.
- Adhere to cost management initiatives aimed at ensuring the company and the Bank meet the desirable cost to income ratio in addition to ensuring that the company does not incur any costs related to non-compliance penalties and clients counter claims.
- Manage direct customers relationships to support business growth especially in regard to managing claims processes and build relationships with Co-op Bank sales channels and support them to drive business with their customers
- Actively promote the interests of the Co-op Bank Group with all stakeholders through effective relationship management.
- A bachelor’s degree in insurance or any other business related field from a recognized university. Possession of a professional qualification in insurance will be an added advantage.
- 3 years relevant work experience in a similar role or as an insurance officer in a busy corporate organization with good understanding of Insurance business and the Bancassurance system.
- Exposure to Insurance products in the bank set-up with knowledge of the Bank’s set standards, policies and the operating manual.
- Personal organization and thoroughness coupled with the ability to work under minimum supervision with good Judgment and decision making skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- High integrity and strong ethical standards
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the job reference number CO/CCIA/2016 by 15th April, 2016.