Are you looking for an employer who promotes individual excellence and mutual respect in a team-driven culture with a key focus on social empowerment?
Are you a highly motivated professional with a successful track record of strategic and operational delivery of results?
- Champion the overall Operational Risk Management Framework and best practices within the Bank while acting as a center of excellence for Operational Risk.
- Develop and communicate the Operations risk appetite and risk limits that will be applied by the business & support units.
- Assist in the development of Operations risk mitigation strategies for the bank’s critical operations and for monitoring the same. Work with Business and Operations units within the Bank to establish, maintain and continuously improve risk management capabilities.
- Coordinate the Risk Control Self assessments (RCSA) framework across the various Support and Business units of the bank. This will also include collation and reporting of the results.
- Ensure that the Bank identifies, measures, reports and minimizes Operations risk exposures.
- Generate regular reports that monitor the various risk exposures that the Bank faces. These include but not limited to Operational Risks, Risk Events and Loss Data Base.
- Review Bank processes to ensure that adequate controls are in place to identify, monitor and control risks associated with the processes.
- Document, review and regularly update the Bank’s Risk Register, Key Processes & Risk Indicator Registers.
- Assist in reviewing internal policies, procedures, new products & services, and make recommendations for enhancement of controls and risk mitigation as appropriate.
- Assist the Chief Risk Officer in drafting the Board Audit & Risk Committee quarterly reports.
- Develop and conduct Operational Risk Awareness training.
- Implement the Business Continuity Plans for the unit.
- Develop Operational Risk Management standards and tools that align to industry best practices and ensure effective processes are in place to identify measure, manage, monitor and report on operational risks.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, finance or related field from a recognized university with a Risk Management qualification(s)/ACIB/AKIB or CPA.
- Five (5) years hands-on Banking experience in a busy front or Back office Operations function, IT or Business related function. Experience of a minimum two (2) years in a Risk management related function, will be an added advantage.
- Thorough knowledge of CBK prudential guidelines.
- Ability to clearly communicate strategy, plans and issues across the organization by developing business cases, presentations & stakeholder communications even with senior management.
- Strong analytic, logical reasoning, and problem solving, risk vs. reward skills
- Ability to work well in a team, as well as manage multiple priorities in quick time frames
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to email@example.com indicating the job reference number ORM/RM/2016 by 14th April, 2016.