Our client provides portable toilet services in Nairobi with profits directed to support charitable mission of educating impoverished Nairobi children through sponsorship sourced from donors.
They are looking for a Commercial Manager who will be responsible for providing leadership to the organisation and liaising with its affiliated tax-exempt Association.
Job Ref: : KN/CM/1
This leader supports organisation’s efforts to achieve the goal of becoming the number one provider of portable toilet services in Nairobi.
The Commercial Manager will ensure the association delivers on its charitable mission.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the business is prepared for the future by leading strategic and annual planning to include: facilities and equipment that support growth of the business and staff equipped to look ahead and manage finance, sales and operations effectively. The organisation must manage expenses effectively and deliver profits at or above goal to support Association.
- Foster a culture of excellence with a focus on the three key differentiators enjoyed by the organisation;
- Service-oriented approach of team
- State-of-the art equipment with spacious, sturdy and clean units; and
- Profits support education of impoverished Kenya children.
- Ensure record-keeping is complete, accurate and timely, including all aspects of financial management: pricing, discounting, collections, commission payments, financial statement development, internal controls, tax and compliance.
- Manage sales and operations of the organisation, including developing a leadership team energised to deliver on the organisation’s mission.
- Hire sales team, meet with significant clients and engage in other business building activities.
- Motivate operations team by delegating responsibility, ensuring accountability and meeting regularly to remove barriers to their success. Develop a strong mechanism for ensuring the necessary resources are available so operations staff may complete their work effectively.
- Prepare and distribute monthly management reports and regular board reports. Provide insightful analysis that leads to sound business management and strong strategic recommendations.
- Engage in strategic and annual planning with members of the board of the Charitable Association, both in Kenya and in the U.S.
- Build a robust annual budgeting and planning process in Kenya, coordinating with U.S. partners.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated senior leadership in an enterprise.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, technology, sales and related business skills; ability to build and lead a team required to build and grow the organisation.
- Work effectively in a fast-paced team environment and provide motivational leadership.
- Be able to speak English fluently and work effectively with both Kenyans and U.S partners.
- Ability to operate independently and report to a U.S. based leader.
- Adaptable self-starter who is interpersonally effective.
- Commitment to the mission of Charitable Association.
Remuneration: An attractive salary is on offer dependent on skills, qualifications and experience.
To apply, send your CV in word format with a recent photograph of yourself embedded in the top right hand corner.
Attach an application letter demonstrating how your skills, experience and qualifications are transferrable to the role.
All documentation is to be emailed to email@example.com, quoting the Job Reference in the subject header of your mail.
ONLY short listed candidates will be contacted