Our client, a group of clubs in Kenya a seeking to recruit a competent and energetic telecommunication infrastructure engineer urgently
Job Purpose: To assist with the design, implementation, management and support of ICT Telecommunications, Server and Network Infrastructure across the Group, with particular emphasis on the telecommunication system
- Manage all network hardware and equipment, including routers, switches
- Manage security solutions like firewall, authentication solutions..etc.
- Manage VOIP system, including call manager, telephones and Jabber.
- Manage WAN links.
- Design and implementation for LAN/WAN/VOIP/Security solutions.
- Collect technical and financial offers and compare between them.
- Revise facility surveys for network communications.
- Provides technical guidance to team members.
- Revise maintain and backup process for all network systems.
- Lead team members during projects
- Revise network asset management, including maintenance of network component inventory and related documentation and technical specifications information.
- Revise network performance test reports and propose solutions.
- Second level of support for daily problems escalated from IT-Operation team.
- Provide Training to new comers and IT-Operation team for network knowledge.
- Ensure that the Telecoms environment is reliant to disaster.
- Build and maintain a secure and flexible infrastructure between all businesses within the Group, including head offices, regional offices
- Work with colleagues to ensure that comprehensive back-up procedures are in place for all systems in accordance with defined policies and procedures.
- Work pro-actively with Line Manager to develop accurate budgets in relation to infrastructure needs.
- Prepare schedules and replacement plans in advance for all infrastructure requirements.
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by the Line Manager.
- 3 plus years of experience in a similar role
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or any other IT related field
- Solid networking experience
- Ability to confidently communicate with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Well organized, articulate and numerate.
- Knowledge of network hardware configuration and management, including routers, firewalls, switches etc.
- Polite, Pro-active self-starter, used to working in a small team, often under pressure
Only shortlisted shall be contacted.