Job Profile: Our client, a construction and engineering company is seeking to recruit a dynamic, competent, qualified and experienced accountant to join their team.
The successful candidate will be providing the management with financial information and analyzing accounts; preparing financial statements.
Key functions will include:
- Budgeting and cost management
- Monthly Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of financial statements; cash flow, ledgers, P&L and balance sheet, Debtors and creditors statements
- Work together with external auditor in preparation of financial statement
- Advise management on financial position of the company
- Advise management on company’s tax obligations
- Preparation and approval of statutory payments ; NHIF, NSSF, PAYE, VAT, WT
- Supervise Imputing of data on I-tax
- Follow on tax compliance
- Preparation of LPOs using stores prime
- Stock accounting and tracking
- Check daily requisitions made on stores prime
- Check on all accounting activities to be as per standard operating policies and procedures
- Track petty cash usage
- Tracking all payables and receivables
- Payables – Suppliers of Construction materials, Fuel, Spare Parts & Repairs, Outsourced HR services, External Auditors, Business licenses and Permits, Taxes, Salaries, Payment of casuals at sites, etc
- Receivables – Quarry sales, IPCs, Sub contracts etc
- Track vehicle maintenance or spare parts purchase
- Ensure proper filing of all accounting documents and records
- Other related tasks as assigned from time to time
Location: The role holder will be based in Nairobi
Qualities and skills: This position requires a result oriented person possessing integrity, good interpersonal skills, have analytical and numerical skills as well as excellent commercial sense and interest of business.
Other relevant skills include:
- At least 2 years’ experience in accounts
- Sharp computer skills – Ms. Office, QuickBooks and training in Stores Prime
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance & accounts, CPA- IV.
Language: Excellent verbal and non – verbal communication skills in English.
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills. Please state current and salary expectations in your application.
Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.
Deadline: Interested parties should send heir online applications on or before 14th April 2016
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.