Our client, a construction and engineering company is seeking to recruit a dynamic, competent, qualified and experienced Procurement Clerk to join their team.
The successful candidate will be supporting activities in procurement of materials, inventory management, stores and fleet management.
Reporting to: General Manager
Key functions will include:
- Process purchase orders within purchasing authority.
- Assist in the preparation of work plans, procurement plans and budgets
- Review purchase requests and specifications from users to ensure that the right items / services are procured.
- Evaluate overall price and past performance of each supplier and report to the management for further action.
- Responsible for maintaining cordial relationship with suppliers and clients.
- Prepare and maintain purchasing records, reports and price lists.
- Assist in suppliers sourcing.
Stores & Supplies
- Stock taking
- Stores requisitions.
- Dispatching of materials.
- Stock & Inventory control
- Ensure timely delivery of construction materials to site
- Ensure materials are monitored from stores to sites
- Ensure safety of materials while in store.
- Manage and track fuel usage
- Supervise drivers and ensure they adhere to policies and procedures
- Vehicle inspections and maintenance
- Reports on vehicles usage and maintenance
- Monitoring of equipment usage and fueling.
- Prepare reports of all the above duties and submit to Manager
- Track procurement, transport and stores details in the procurement system
- Liaise with Engineer and site personnel.
Location: The role holder will be based in Kasarani, Nairobi. Area residents encouraged to apply.
- Diploma in procurement or related field
- More than 1 year experience in procurement, stores and tender preparation
- Available to work full-time ((Must have completed school/classes))
- Experience in construction industry an advantage
- Be conversant with procurement and stores IT systems
- Highly motivated
- Knowledge and understanding of tendering policies and procedures
- Commercial awareness of tendering and bidding processes
- Strong writing and proof reading skills
- Able to prioritize and work well under pressure to meet strict deadlines
- Flexible with working hours to ensure deadlines are met.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
Language: Excellent verbal and non – verbal communication skills in English.
Compensation: A competitive compensation will be negotiated with the right candidate, commensurate with experience and skills. Please state current and salary expectations in your application.
Availability: State availability (notice period) in your application letter.
Deadline: Interested parties should send their online applications on or before 25th April 2016
Correspondence: Applications and detailed CV to be submitted online at http://goo.gl/T8sryH
Applications not meeting minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.