Our client is a leading supermarket chain in Kenya with over 40 branches countrywide.
They are to hire an experienced, dynamic and result oriented individual to fill the position of Corporate Communication Officer
Job Purpose / Summary: The job holder will be responsible for the company’s communication with different target audiences, including customers, journalists, investors, suppliers and the community.
Will also advise other employees and managers on communication tasks, and use written and verbal skills to create a wide range of product and corporate communication material.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Help in the execution of proactive PR strategies to support and position the company’s brand.
- File stories for the supermarket’s news magazine.
- Help pitch for adverts from business partners for the launched Company News Magazine.
- Being the Official Photographer during all company events (CSR Activities inclusive).
- Managing the company’s website content.
- Ensuring general records keeping for the Corporate Affairs Office, Media monitoring (helping to keep track of the supermarket in the external media including Digital Media, blogs).
- Ensuring that Company’s Corporate Affairs Department have clean records and files, both soft and hard, of all memorable events/activities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Mass Media Communication or related field.
- Minimum 3-5 years of working experience in a busy media house.
- Writing and photography skills key.
- Good communication skills
- All round and able to multi-task and deal with different departments with different needs.
- Computer Literate and able to use Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Power point and In-design.
- Well organized with good people skills
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Analytical skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills for a demanding and customer focused working environment.
- Team player with excellent influencing skills
- High level of Initiative and self-drive
- Problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Skills to work efficiently & effectively with initiative and drive under tight timescales and pressure whilst maintaining attention to detail and quality
- Possess the willingness to learn, improve and adapt.
How to apply:
If you are interested in the position and have the skills and talents our client is looking for, we would like to hear from you.
Please make your application through email@example.com before close of business 15th April 2016.
Only successful candidates will be contacted.