Job Title: Customs Supervisor
Reports to: Financial Planning, Analysis & Customs Manager
- General management of Customs Bonded warehouse operations as stipulated in the Customs laws and regulations.
- Confirm accuracy of declaration and authenticity of warehousing import and export entries.
- Ex-warehousing processes through declaration, payment of duties, exportation and temporary removals.
- Processing and expediting of ex-bond documentation for exports, temporary removal and home use.
- Facilitate the release of ex-warehoused vehicles with Customs authority.
- Management and control of all customs documentation, reports for both internal & external audits and security bonds.
- Work closely with the resident Customs Bond Officers on daily Customs operations.
- Ensuring compliance with GM internal controls and policies.
- Resolving Customs queries and correspondences as they arise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Purchasing & Logistics or a business related field.
- Higher Diploma in Clearing and Forwarding.
- Five years relevant work experience especially in Customs or Logistics.
- Completed the East Africa Community Customs Freight Forwarding (EACCF) certification.
- Working knowledge of the KRA SIMBA system, KENTRADE – Single Window system, TANCIS and ASYCUDA systems.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
Other Skills, Competencies and Requirement
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Excellent presentation skills (development and delivery)
- Effective team player with ability to build and maintain positive relationship
- Excellent planning, investigative analytical and reporting skills
How to Apply
In case you believe your career objective match this exciting position, please forward your application and detailed c.v stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 5pm on 15th April, 2016 firstname.lastname@example.org