Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank (www.darajabank.co.ke) was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals.
As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a position responsible for leading and directing Information Technology strategy, product development, technology infrastructure and operations capability for the Company.
The incumbent will also ensure that demands and requirements are balanced within the IT and business divisions.
- Developing and executing an ICT Strategy and related ICT standards in support of and to enable the overall company strategy
- Positioning ICT as a proactive technology driver, whilst maintaining a collaborative delivery focus
- Recommending and motivating new services based on market trends, customer needs and the Company’s strategy
- Taking responsibility for managing the relationships and processes with regulators, industry stakeholders and internal stakeholders and software vendors.
- Aligning ICT objectives and programs/projects to enterprise – wide objectives and strategies
- Establishing networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Facilitating product development along the ABC module.
- Risk identification and coming up with mitigations around the system
- Designing and enforcing network systems policies and procedure
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in Computer Science, IT, or any related field
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with 2 years in leading a technology organization in financial services industry
- Should have recognized professional certifications in IT
- Experience in developing products, product positioning, launching new products and developing and executing go – to – market strategies.
- Should have proven in IT innovations
- Strong business case & analytical abilities
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 9th May 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.