Our client, Daraja Microfinance Bank (www.darajabank.co.ke) was licensed by Central Bank of Kenya as a community Microfinance Bank for the Dagoretti Division, since January 2015.
Daraja’s target market is the Micro and Small Enterprises (MSEs), their owners and employees with the underlying goal being to help both individuals and groups achieve their financial goals.
As part of its strategic plan, Daraja Bank is seeking to go national to be among Tier 1 MFBs in Kenya.
They are seeking to recruit a highly talented professional to fill in the following position in their Nairobi office:
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, this is a position responsible for providing leadership and managing the activities of the insurance brokerage firm by developing and maintaining good working relationships with clients.
- Source and secure new businesses, building and managing a customer portfolio;
- Ensure new clients are provided with quotations and continuous follow up is in place
- Undertake market research in order to identify and recommend competitive products and services
- Deal with client issues in regard to insurance; claims, underwriting and other duties as may be assigned
- Responsible for the overall operations of the business and will be specifically responsible for compliance and all affairs of the regulator
- Liaise with the regulator and provide all necessary reports
- Provide reports on the state of the business to senior management and the Board;
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting opportunities in the market
- Increasing profitability of existing product lines by encouraging clients to use added value services wherever possible
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products;
- Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Direct and coordinate organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations, maximize investments, and increase efficiency.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
Qualifications, Experience and Knowledge
- Degree in commerce – Finance / Banking / Insurance option
- Diploma in Insurance (AIIK or ACII)
- 6 years’ experience in the insurance industry with extensive knowledge of marketing
- Knowledge of the Insurance products and services and IRA regulations
Interested candidates are requested to forward their updated CVs to email@example.com by 9th May 2016 stating their current and expected remuneration, daytime telephone contacts and addresses of three referees.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.