Job Summary: Working under the supervision of the principal investigator and co-investigators, the data clerk will receive, review, and enter data into computer system or tracking database according to established procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Co-ordinate the collection of activities data from sites including the following up of those with missing data.
- Full responsibility for timely entry of all data into project database.
- Keeping track of data received from HTC counselors and Research assistants as well as source documents
- Preparing and sorting source documents, identifying and interpreting data to be entered
- Confirming accuracy, such as client Number, dates, time, and location through data checking and cleaning.
- Comparing data entered with the source document on the screen to detect and errors
- Reviewing and making necessary corrections to information entered.
- Assisting in establishing and maintaining an effective and efficient records management system
- Generating reports and responding to queries regarding entered data as requested by the principal investigator and/or co-investigators.
- Maintain confidentiality of data received and/or entered
- Maintaining the database of the project.
- Submitting data to assigned supervisor in a timely manner as per agreed upon schedule.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the immediate supervisor.
Education: Diploma in Database Management or Bachelor of Science in Information Technology
- Attention to detail, proficiency in computer application packages and statistical software, pleasant personality, good analytical and decision making skills
- Experience with working in HIV program is desirable
- Keen ability to supervise and ensure integrity of field-level data collection, abstraction, or entry
- Ability to meet targets within specified timeframes.
- Willingness to travel within the project area
The Principal Investigator
P.O. Box 3950, Kisumu