Boresha Maabara Grant: “BORESHA MAABARA” (improve laboratory services) is a five (5) year project funded through the US Government Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) under the President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR).
Position Summary: Under the supervision of Laboratory Manager / Supervisor, the Data Clerks will support data management including updating and maintaining of databases.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry into the database(s).
- Undertake online data entry of samples to NASCOP database laboratory information system.
- Clean and ensure completeness of electronic and hard copy data.
- Filling data for the HIV Early Infant Diagnostic (EID) and Viral Load testing program
- Offer support with data scanning and verification.
- Assist in the compilation and ad -hoc, or systematic analysis of data by the laboratory team.
- Ensure all data (soft and hard copy) is documented and filed appropriately.
- Maintain data security and confidentiality.
- Updating and overseeing databases updates.
- Generate study summaries, validation and reports as required.
- Printing and dispatch of results.
- Diploma/Certificate in biological sciences or related course.
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in data.
- Proficiency in the use of spreadsheet packages (MS-excel) and other MS office packages.
- Experience in carrying out basic PCR testing for HIV Diagnosis or Viral Load Testing, and CD4 enumeration technology.
- Pleasant personality, flexible, team player, ability to solve problems, work with minimal supervision.
- Effective in proof reading.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
- Ability to work independently, under pressure while at the same time adhering to strict deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills, presentation and problem solving skills.
- Innovative with a high degree of initiative
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
If you meet the above qualifications, you are requested to send your application and CV to email@example.com by April 15, 2016.
Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.