Job Title: Trainer on Early Childhood Care and Development
Location of training: Mbita Sub-County, Homa Bay County, Kenya
Application Closing Date: 1st May 2016
Reports To: Program Coordinator
Salary Range: Commensurate to work experience and academic qualifications
Who We Are: Education Effect Africa is a Kenyan non-governmental organisation focused on providing children living in marginalised areas with high quality education in a conducive school environment.
Education has a transformative effect that empowers people to take control of their lives and well being of their societies.
Since our inception, we have been cooperating with educational institutions and communities in Mathare (Nairobi) as well as in rural areas of Central and Nyanza regions.
We have been working to enhance education quality and sanitation at primary school level, to improve schools’ infrastructure and to alleviate the digital divide by facilitating access to modern technologies.
Job Purpose: Education Effect Africa is actively seeking a qualified Early Childhood Care and Development Trainer who will facilitate a 4-day workshops for about 30 teachers working in ECD centers located in the rural areas of Mbita, Homa Bay County.
The training will happen tentatively in the second half of the month of May.
The main objectives of the workshops are:
- To raise awareness of the critical importance of the early childhood years, the first 8 years of life with emphasis on the care of children 0-3 years of age, the most critical period of brain development which affects progress in forming cognitive, language, social, motor and emotional skills.
- To share information on ECD and best practices in high poverty context, particularly in supporting the young child’s self-esteem and ability to learn.
- To highlight the importance of children’s health and nutritional status in providing them with increased energy and capacity for learning, so that they will fully benefit from learning opportunities.
- Designing a detailed agenda of the four-day workshop and training materials.
- Facilitating four day workshops in Mbita (Homa Bay County) in May 2016.
- Submitting report after completion of the workshops.
Education / Knowledge / Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in ECD or related field.
- A minimum of three years proven experience in programmes enhancing ECD quality in Kenya.
- Excellent facilitation skills, completion of professional training course will be an asset.
- Excellent command in written and spoken English.
- Understanding of ECD situation in Nyanza & ability to communicate in Dholuo will also be an asset.
How to Apply
Application should include:
- Letter of application indicating the expected fee.
- Outline of proposed training agenda (topics, expected outcomes, M&E process etc.)
- A detailed CV including names of three referees.
This should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 1st May 2016.
Please indicate clearly on the subject line the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted