Location: Mwanza, Tanzania
Our client in the energy sector is seeking a highly motivated personnel that will help scale up the business and achieve the company’s goal of providing energy services to 1 million people by 2022.
Reporting directly to the Board of Directors, the General Manager (GM) will be in charge of developing the company towards a profitable and scalable electricity supply business.
- Direct and coordinate all activities of the company’s departments.
- Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with Board of Directors and staff members as necessary.
- Manage, orient, train, counsel and discipline staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
- Interview, hire and train new employees, or oversee those personnel processes.
- Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement.
- Monitor the revenue, expenses and liquidity of the company and develop and execute the budget together with the Head of Finance.
- Build company image by collaborating with customers, government bodies, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Monitor the sector specific frameworks with regard to effects on the company’s business model and initiate appropriate adjustment measures if necessary after conferring with board of directors
- Identify industries that can set up production facilities supplied from the clients mini-grids benefiting the overall profitability of the business and the development of the area
- Master’s degree in economics and/or business administration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in business management
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, interpersonal, networking and leadership skills
- Thorough knowledge of the rural electrification sector and related finances
- Technical background with experience in rural electrification and solar PV technologies
- Exceptional written and oral communication abilities in English and Kiswahili
- Proficient with MS Office
- Ability and readiness to work under pressure and in flexible working hours