Position: Financial Controller
Education: University degree in finance
Job Ref.: PHC-277122
Minimum Requirements & Qualifications
Education: University degree in finance
Professional designation: Chartered Accountant, KCPA, or ACCA
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting and internal control principles.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills to evaluate alternatives and provide recommendations on business issues.
- Well-developed written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Proficiency in the use of computer programs
- System Knowledge (Simply Sun financials, Scala Back Office Accounting, Fidelio, Micros POS, FMC, etc)
- Word processing (MS Office)
- Quick books
- At least three years as financial controller/director in a four star chain of hotels, and in good relations with financial institutions
Duties & Responsibilities
Financial accounting and reporting
- Develop and maintain timely and accurate financial statements and reports that are appropriate for the users and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Develop, implement, and ensure compliance with internal financial and accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all statutory requirements of the organization are met including Withholding Payments, Income Tax, Goods and Services Tax.
- Prepare all supporting information for the annual audit with the approved external auditor.
- Prepare all supporting information for authorized groups such as the Revenue Boards and Social Security Boards.
- Maintain and up to date all service contract, insurance & licenses.
- Document and maintain complete and accurate supporting information for all financial transactions.
- Develop and maintain financial accounting systems for cash management, accounts payable, accounts receivable, credit control, and petty cash.
- Reconcile all bank and investment accounts on timely manner in order to control and manage cash flow.
- Submits reports in a timely manner, ensuring delivery deadlines.
- Reconcile balance sheet to ensure account balances are supported by appropriate documentation in accordance with SOPs.
- Ensures that the P&L is accurate (e.g., costs are properly matched to revenue; costs are recorded in the proper accounts).
- Ensures compliance with standard and local operating procedures (SOPs and LSOPs).
- Review monthly results and implement monthly variance reporting as compared to budget.
- Manage the cash flow and prepare cash flow forecasts in accordance with Company policy.
- Manage the bookkeeping function, including maintenance of the general ledger, accounts payable, accounts receivable and payroll.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures as required to ensure that personnel and financial information is secure.
- Assist the General Managers with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and the monthly General Meetings and provide advice to support the decision making process.
- Support other team member in day to day operation (Cost Control, Income Audit, payroll, Accounts Receivable & Payable) to make sure all area is updated.
Payroll preparation and administration
- Prepare all payroll functions to ensure that employees are paid in a timely and accurate manner.
- Assist with the negotiations and manage the employee insurance and benefits plans.
- Process and submit statutory and benefits remittances on time.
- Manage the tracking of vacation, sick leave and other leave according to Company policy and local labour laws.
- Using the “Zero-Based” approach for budgeting, prepare the annual budget in consultation with the General Manager and other HOD’s.
- Assist staff with the preparation of budgets for funding applications.
Project management (activity centers) accounting
- Provide accurate and timely reporting on the financial activity of individual projects
Interested candidates who fully meet the above requirements should send their applications along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary and their daytime contact, to email@example.com (Subject of the email should be the title of the POSITION APPLIED FOR + JOB REF)
If you are not interested in this opportunity today, please refer any friend or colleague you know that might suit the required profile.
Applications NOT MEETING minimum requirements will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
NOTE: We do not charge any fees for receiving and reviewing applications or for interviews