Vacancy: Project Officer
Forum Syd is a Swedish civil society member-based organization, which, from a rights-based approach, works with development issues through advocacy and capacity building of partner organizations.
Within the scope of the Swedish goverments “Civil Society Strategy” (CSO), Forum Syd has a long term agreement with Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) channeling funds to Swedish CSOs and their partners in the Global South.
As part of our sub-granting process, we conduct thorough assessment of the fund applicants and we now seek to recruit a Project Officer to support the learning process on decentralization in East & South Africa region.
Together with the global team, the Project Officer will support the implementation of the learning process on how to decentralize some of our grants management in the region, identify added value and risks of decentralization and how to expand this experience to other regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Be part of the assessment of project applications by Swedish organizations
- Support the analysis of the added value and risks of the decentralization of grants management
- Conduct relevant context analysis, shrinking civic space, mapping of civil society organizations and application of capacity diagnosis
- Conduct analysis of tax, legal and anticorruption conditions in different countries in the region
- Support the strengthening and capacity building of civil society organizations and monitor and support partners
- Contribute with possible synergies from working with assessments of projects and E-Learning
- Support the coordination of all workshops, seminars, conferences and other events
- A Bachelor’s Degree or its equivalent in Social Sciences, Political Science, Development studies or its equivalent from a recognized university
- A diploma in project management will be an added advantage
- At least 5 years of experiences working with NGO programme management and development, including diagnosis of capacity building needs and the implementation of capacity building and trainings
- At least 3 years of experience working in the East & South African region in regards to development issues, human rights, democracy, gender and/or sustainable use of natural resources
- Experience working with international cooperation
- Competence with the gathering and analysis of data including selection of appropriate evaluation tools.
- Knowledge of the political, economic, social and cultural context of the East & South Africa region
- Basic French is desirable.
Visit our website http://www.forumsyd.org/InternationalStart/Kenya/Our-Team/Vacancies/ for the full job and person profiles.
Forum Syd is an equal opportunity employer.
We encourage qualified applicants regardless of gender, age, functional ability or ethnic and religious affiliation to apply for the position.
Email your application indicating your current, expected gross salary and detailed CV with at least three referees to email@example.com on or before 13th April 2016.