Overall Responsibility: Reporting to the Head of Health Division, the incumbent will participate in the acquisition of new business in health division both individual, group and corporate schemes in accordance with targets set and criteria formulated by the Company; handling of renewal of all existing accounts and maintaining acceptable ratios of business retention for all schemes.
- Support and coordinates business development and marketing efforts within the division to ensure business targets are met.
- Identify and pursue new business leads.
- Coordinates new business quotation processes, and follows up quotations with intermediaries and clients.
- Conduct appropriate market intelligence to keep Senior Management informed of new developments in the Health Business.
- Ensure acceptable levels of business retention (i.e. preservation of existing business) are maintained at all times; and any existing business lost due to unavoidable circumstances is replaced by other suitable accounts (over and above the new business acquisition target for the year)
- Closely monitor customer service satisfaction to ensure renewals are not threatened.
- Negotiate renewal terms of all schemes well in advance, and send formal renewal confirmations before the renewal dates.
- Periodically review existing products and proposes change with a view to enhancing their quality
- Maintain, and regularly updates business progress reports.
- Perform other duties as directed by superiors from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing / Business Administration.
- ACII or it’s Equivalent
- 5 years’ experience in Business Development / Marketing in health insurance industry.
- Good communication and presentation skills.