Human Resource Executive
Role Summary: The Human Resource Executive is responsible for providing support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counselling.
The Human Resource Executive will provide advice and assistance to supervisors and staff. This will include information on training needs and opportunities, job descriptions and performance reviews.
It is expected that the HR Executive will contribute to the overall HR objective by providing feedback on current HR best practices and ideas for future development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations
- Identify training and development opportunities
- Organize staff training sessions, retreats, workshops, parties and CSR activities
- Process employee requests for outside training while complying with policies and procedures
- Provide basic counselling to staff who have performance related obstacles
- Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Provide staff orientations
- Access funding for training and write proposals
- Monitor daily attendance.
- Investigate and understand causes for staff absences and recommend solutions to resolve chronic attendance difficulties
- Monitor scheduled absences such as holidays or travel and coordinate actions to ensure the staff absence has been adequately covered off to ensure continuity of services.
- Prepare notices and advertisements for vacant staff positions.
- Schedule and organize interviews and participate in applicant Interviews
- Conduct reference checks on possible candidates and Exit Interviews
- Collect data and compile overall hiring report.
- Manage Employee of the year program and other award schemes as and when feasible
- Manage payroll and staff benefits including leave management and insurance covers (enrolments, terminations, renewal of policies, lunch programs)
Knowledge and Skills
The incumbent must have proficient knowledge in the following areas;
- human resources management
- job descriptions
- performance review methods and techniques
- staff training, development and recognition
- Mentoring and Coaching
- An understanding of relevant legislation, policies and procedures.
The incumbent must demonstrate the following skills;
- Supervisory skills
- Team Building skills
- Problem solving skills
- Basic counselling skills
- Negotiations skills
- effective verbal and listening communication skills
- interviewing skills
- time management skills
- effective written communications skills including the ability to prepare reports, proposals , policies and procedures
The incumbent must also demonstrate the following personal Attributes;
- Maintain standards of conduct
- Possess cultural and political awareness and sensitivity
- An open flexible attitude
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
- Be consistent and fair
Education and Experience
- business management or HR related degree
- Professional HR qualification
- Minimum two (2) years experience in human resource position
- technical human resource skills
Send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 10th April, 2016.