Habitat For Humanity Kenya (HFH Kenya) is a leading housing organization founded in 1982 whose mandate is to enable low income communities to access decent and affordable shelter.
Through provision of affordable financial and technical services, HFH Kenya brings people together to build homes, communities and hope.
HFH Kenya is recruiting appropriate candidates following its just completed strategic plan.
This vacancy announcement is for the position of Resource Development and Communications Manager to strengthen our work in Kenya, and be part of the team that takes HFH Kenya work on housing to the next level.
The Resource Development and Communications Manager will report to the Country Director.
The incumbent will be based in Nairobi and will primarily be responsible for developing and implementing the fundraising and communications strategies for the organization.
The Resource Development and Communications Manager is responsible for the coordination, planning, development, and management of a public and private sector fundraising and communications strategy to mobilize resources and position HFH Kenya in line with agreed strategic goals.
Qualifications, Experience, Skills & Abilities
- Degree in an associated field such as Social Science, International Development and Journalism. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- At least 7 years’ experience in charge of donor management, fundraising, and communications in a NGO.
- Networking experience with donors handling Housing, Land use, Climate change and WASH is an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience preparing, writing and managing grants and contracts.
- Proficiency in spreadsheet, editing, layout, networking and database management
- Excellent research, information management and networking skills.
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong linkages with program teams to mobilize resources, support programme staff and partners, and to work with communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Demonstrated creativity and productivity in resource mobilization, marketing and communications.
- Excellent public relations skills.
How to Apply
If you feel you meet the requirements of the position, send your application letter indicating the reference number and quoting your current and expected salary, title of position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional references
to be received by 20 April, 2016.
Kenyan nationals are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.or.ke.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.