Habitat For Humanity Kenya (HFHK) is a Non-Profit, Non-Government housing organization which since its inception in 1982 has been dedicated to the elimination of poverty housing in Kenya.
HFH Kenya works with low income families to enable them own decent, durable and affordable housing through the provision of low interest micro mortgages on incremental basis to qualifying persons in both rural and urban areas in Kenya.
This is an exciting time to join HFH Kenya following its just completed strategic plan.
This vacancy announcement is for the position of Head of Programs to strengthen the team that takes HFHK work and actualization of the strategy to the next level.
Reporting to the Country Director, the post holder will be responsible for planning and design of programming interventions, guiding and leading the programme team to develop, plan and manage programme projects / activities aimed at achieving the goals and objectives of HFH Kenya.
This is a new post for HFHK which aims to provide competent technical guidance on programme design and innovations.
The Head of Programs will also have excellent people management skills, and the ability to lead and motivate internal and external stakeholders, partners and collaborators.
Qualifications & Experience
- A degree in Social sciences / Development Studies / related discipline such as architecture, planning and community development is a requirement.
- A Masters Degree in the field of specialization will be an added advantage.
- More than 8 years post qualification experience in the development sector in senior level.
- Knowledge of land use / management, WASH issues and housing delivery process is required.
- Experience working with donors on program development and implementation in Housing, Land use, Climate change and WASH is an added advantage.
- Experience in managing project cycles.
- Experience working with and interacting with donors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Analytical, evaluation and report writing skills.
- Ability to develop a budget based on the programming strategy and actively manage reporting and expenditure.
- Excellent research, information management and networking skills.
- Credibility to lobby, influence and represent HFHK.
- Proven success managing a team of professionals,·
If you meet the requirements for the position of Head of Programmes, send your application indicating the reference number and quoting your current position, title and expected salary along with an updated CV and with contacts of three professional references to email@example.com to be received by 20th April 2016.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For a detailed job description, please visit our website: www.hfhkenya.or.ke.
HFH Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.