Exciting Career Opportunity in Information Technology – ICT
HFC is the leading provider of integrated property finance and banking solutions.
The organization is seeking a talented, dynamic, self – driven and results oriented professional who is committed to performance excellence in the following position:
Chief Information Officer (CIO)
The CIO will report to the Managing Director- HFC and will be responsible for the development and implementation of ICT Strategic plans, policies, high availability of enterprise applications and infrastructure, reporting and insights to accomplish the Group’s corporate goals and objectives.
- Lead ICT strategic and operational planning to achieve Group goals by encouraging innovation, prioritizing ICT initiatives and coordinating the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future IT systems.
- Establish and direct the ICT strategic and tactical goals, policies and procedures for the Group.
- Manage mission critical enterprise applications at 99.9% uptime through a combination of skilled technical resources, proactive monitoring, capacity management and vendor engagement.
- Design, establish, and maintain a high availability network infrastructure for local and wide area connectivity and remote access that provides proactive notification.
- Ensure existing equipment and applications are leveraged and optimised to increase the return on investment and to enable the Group to achieve its strategy.
- Ensure channels are managed in accordance with customer service value proposition as critical to service delivery. Channel’s will include but not limited to mobile app, internet banking, KITS etc.
- Work with the appropriate staff internally and externally to ensure that the applications and infrastructure in place remain secure.
- Actively engage Heads of Departments to ensure configuration and change management initiatives that are to be reviewed and approved are well planned out and have no or very limited negative customer impact.
- Develop a plan for global service delivery certification to include ISO 20,000 and 27,001
- Lead and manage ICT staff in delivery of their objectives and oversee their development by establishing a clear career path through training, certifications, coaching and mentoring within an optimal ICT structure.
- Develop, track, and control the information technology annual operating and capital budgets.
- Develop and execute a working Group-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan and ensure the same is tested appropriately.
- Identify opportunities for the appropriate and cost-effective investment of financial resources in IT systems and resources.
- Participate in vendor contract negotiations for all new ICT equipment and software purchased for the Group.
- Review hardware and software acquisition and maintenance contracts and pursue master agreements to capitalize on economies of scale.
- Ensure continuous delivery of IT services through oversight of service level agreements with end users and monitoring of IT systems performance.
Expected Minimum Qualifications
- Degree in Information Technology and/or Advanced degree in Information Technology.
- Certifications in Project Management, Database Management, Networks and Information Security.
- 10 years’ experience in managing and supporting technology services in a busy ICT environment with thorough knowledge of banking operations with at least 3 years in a senior management role.
Technical and General Competencies:
- Service delivery certifications to include ITIL, ISO etc
- Developed and implemented IT strategy that has a positive and direct impact on the corporate strategy
- A track record of engaging and building trust with key stakeholders to include vendors and partners to ensure timely delivery of projects and adherence of SLAs
- Social and digital knowledge/capabilities and innovation.
- Results oriented with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation for all aspects of ICT through progressive involvement in the application of ICT to business processes.
- Proven ability to quickly grasp business risks and make sound decisions.
- Sound understanding of portfolio, programme and project management and a track record of delivering and enabling large-scale complex change programmes.
If qualified and interested, please send your application to Human.Resources@hfgroup.co.ke
Please note that applications should be received on or before 13th May 2016