International in Kenya, is a Christian development agency, which exists
to demonstrate the love of God by helping Kenyan communities acquire
desperately needed clean water, and to experience “water for life in
Jesus’ name” – the gospel of Jesus Christ – which alone satisfies the
Living Water Service Centre seeks to recruit for the following position:
Human Resources and Administration Manager
- Develop, update and maintain Human Resource Policy Manual, hand book and tools reflective of on-going human resources best practices and Kenya country labour laws.
- Advise managers on human resource policies and processes including recruitment, separation and developing career progression paths.
- Manage recruitment and selection process in line with LWI quality standards and HR best practices in consultation with SMT and HR Business Partner.
- Advise Country Director and Operations Director in preparation and implementation of succession and development plans for all staff;
- Coordinate execution of monthly payroll preparation, management and supervision of staff benefits.
- Support and advice Country Director on human resource planning for anticipated expansion, growth and or changes of the Country strategy.
- Coordinate separation of employees, motivating and retaining the best and most appropriate staff to help the Country program meet its objectives and strategies.
- Manage organization-wide programs that address issues of culture change management, team building, succession planning, and workforce development.
- Support the Country Director in identification of training needs and implementing training programs, capacity building and retreats.
- Support supervisors with staff management and issues including performance, discipline and counselling and conflict management.
- In consultation with Line Managers develop and maintain accurate and relevant job profiles/descriptions for existing and new staff positions and updating the staff records
- Drive the performance appraisal process in accordance with the appraisal guidelines and HR quality standards.
- Set up a local network of contact persons (local authorities, other NGO’s) on local staff policies and keep abreast of any new developments.
- Manage staff leave in liaison with the supervisors and ensure proper records are maintained.
- Coordinate, plan and supervise the activities of the HRD team.
- Manage staff records (paper and digital filing) while ensuring confidentiality
- Act as a link between management and staff for all matters relating to administration
- Participate in the preparation of annual budgets
- Assist with possible financial audits or inspections as requested
- Verify and validate financial receipts submitted by LWSC Account holders against Accountability sheets – code and file hard copies and submit to finance.
- Carry out routine financial and value for money audits as required
- Provide support with monthly spot checks and random verification of receipts for expenses reported
- Maintain data on utilization of program resources including time sheets, and equipment inventory.
- Support with office premises maintenance
- Contribute to, and participate in, regular team devotions
- Be committed to actively working and living in accordance with LWI Christian beliefs.
- Degree in Human Resource, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent;
- Post Graduate Diploma in HRM will be added advantage
- At least 5 years HR and Administration experience;
- Proven skills in managing several roles at the same time;
- Experience in managing a team;
- Attention to detail;
- Highly proficient in English;
- Good Communication orally and Presentation skills;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Very good computer skills
qualified candidates are requested to submit a cover letter (one page
only) explaining their suitability and a CV with details of
qualifications and work experience including 3 traceable references –
professional, spiritual and general.
All offers of employment are made contingent upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
LWI is an equal opportunity employer.
Applications to be submitted via the following email address: email@example.com
Please do not attach scanned certificates.
Closing date for applications is 13th May 2016.
Should you be shortlisted you will be contacted within 3 weeks of the closing date.